The Fortrey Greenhouse
Size: 2.9mm x 5.1m
The greenhouse covers 14.8m²
The Fortrey Greenhouse has an extended lobby, providing customers with the opportunity to add cold frames on either side. This greenhouse has a wider base, offering multiple layout and growing options. Manufactured from engineered aluminium, all of our greenhouses provide exceptional year-round growing.
To kick start your growing season we recommend our propagator, for starting off your seedlings; and our potting shoe, for a dedicated area to transfer your plants from seed trays to pots. For efficient watering solutions we can install a reservoir and pump that collects rain water for your gutters.
We offer a complete project management service customised to you. This ensures the design and installation of your greenhouse goes as smoothly as possible.
All of the Kew Collection Greenhouses are named after individuals that have influenced and shaped the history of the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew. The Fortrey has been named after Samuel Fortrey, who occupied the building above the ‘under croft’ in 1619. In 1631, he installed a large manor house, carving his initials and his wife’s into the door. Today the house is open to the public and known as Kew Palace.
Features of the Fortrey Greenhouse
- A central extended lobby provides a focal point and extra space, ideal for pots.
- Automatic roof vents are controlled by the temperature inside and surrounding your greenhouse. They open and close using a bayliss piston system.
- Manual side vents are positioned to provide optimum air circulation within the greenhouse.
- Made from 90% recycled aluminium.
- Fitted with 4mm toughened safety glass.
- Low-maintenance, requiring little up-keep.
- Powder coated in a colour of your choice. Choose from our standard range of 13 colours, or if you want something a little different your greenhouse can come in any colour you like* – all we need is the RAL code.
* Custom colours cost an additional fee, standard colours are included within the price of your greenhouse
Contact us to discover how the Fortrey Greenhouse could benefit you!